NATIONAL TRADING STANDARDS ESTATE AND LETTING AGENCY TEAM has published it’s full guidance for ‘Material Information’ that agents need to include when selling properties. This is designed to help agents comply with Consumer Protection Regulations when marketing properties.
Information is considered ‘material’ if it will impact a consumers decision. Part A had been released already with Parts B and C now added. Much of this information may also help surveyors with desktop research and understanding aspects of the property before undertaking inspections.
- Council tax or domestic rates
- Asking price
- Additional information about Tenure
- Physical characteristics of the property
- Number and type(s) of room(s)
- Building Safety
- Restrictions and rights
- Flood/erosion risk
- Planning permission or proposal for development
- Property accessibility/adaptability
- Coalfield or mining area
What does this mean for surveyors?
Click on the button below to view the full guidance notes from the National Trading Standards.